These are the rules governing all contests aired on Victoria Television Group and on the crossroadstoday.com website, unless otherwise specified. In the following rules, “VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP” means Saga Communications of New England, LLC, which owns Victoria Television Group:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP contest.
2. To be eligible to win any prize on VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP you must not have won anything on VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP in the past 30 days or any prize valued at $600 or more in the past 6 months. Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP awarding the prize to the winner. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
8. All VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP contests are open to all eligible Texas residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP that will be presented to VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP and accepted before the prize is awarded. Employees of VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP, the Portland Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current legal guardian.
9. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP studios, 3808 N Navarro Victoria, TX between 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
12. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP, Saga Communications of New England, LLC, its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP, Saga Communications of New England, LLC., its parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc., their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
14. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
15. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: (361)575-2500. The person operating the telephone at VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
16. VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP shall have no responsibility for contestant’s inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP’s control.
17. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on crossroadstoday.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out correctly and completely or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP as defined at the exclusive discretion of VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP management.
c. Any problems with the internet or email are not VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on our website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
18. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the VICTORIA TELEVISION GROUP studios 3808 N. Navarro Victoria, TX 77901.